Tuesday, December 2, 2014

3 Reasons to Keep at It

1) Me

2) Me

3) Me

...and no, it's not an opera (get it? "Mi mi mi mi miiiiii" ;P).  It's easy for me to get wrapped up in life, the small things that get in the way of me doing what I need to do to improve my conditioning, especially this time of year.

When I don't make time for it, I've noticed I suffer greatly.  My body stiffens.  It takes twice as long to get back to the level I was at two days priors.  I've had to spend a lot of time coming to terms with it and finding the delicate balance between allowing my body the rest it requires, and pushing through to better it.  My walking gait is so off lately due to muscle crippling muscle spasms, that I actually jacked my knee up! Nonetheless, I try to keep at it, at a level I can.

I ran the Detroit Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day, and ran faster than I have in months! Runs like that help keep my spirits up and endure.

If I don't keep moving.  I'll stop, simple as that.  I live in a stupid house with four staircases and I can't NOT walk up/down them.  I have a 4-year-old daughter that loves to run and play.  I can't NOT be right along side her.  I have my Mom-on-a-MILF-Mission to achieve in less than 6 months...  See?  AT LEAST 3 reasons to keep at it.

Care to share yours?

No comments: