Wednesday, December 10, 2014

3, 2, 1...out!

Man! I got a cold bug from my daughter, who of course bounced back after 24 hours, while it's sticking with me for 72 hours...  AND it transitioned into issues with my spine so I can barely walk.  The achy-ness is paralyzing!  I haven't been able to run since Friday...

BUT, when I'm awake, I've been researching which training program to follow for May's Half Marathon, reading others' blogs, and otherwise looking for inspiration and a way to at least keep my brain on track while mentally encouraging my body to catch up.  I'm trying to stay committed to tracking my food daily...why is it so hard now?  I'm telling you, exactly one year from now, you couldn't stop me from tracking or working out.  This year, every little effort feels pointless and tedious.  Anyone vacillate, so? How do you pull yourself out of that downward spiral?

Luckily, my friend over at Finding Her Happy Pace, suggested people list their blogs and sites for information and resources.  I've said time and time again: if only research/reading burned as many calories as actually DOING it! HAHAHA!

1 comment:

Audrey-Jo said...

A wise lady once told me it takes baby steps to reach your goals.

Each little step and effort are going to get you back to your old normal. It doesn't matter what you did last year. You lived it now you are living this now and you have to take small steps to get back into that habit. Take that pressure off yourself from trying to live up to last year.

(Yes please remember this for April when I'm struggling to make new habits.)