Monday, November 17, 2014

1 new parter + 1 new route = AWE-SOMMME (said in sing-song)

Ok, so it has been even better than I imagined.  My new running partner is awesome in support, understanding, and motivation.  She got me to finally step foot today into Stoney Creek Metropark, despite my fear of the rumored hills there...HA!  She accurately pointed me in the direction that would not be too difficult on me at this point in my conditioning.  Oh my gosh, and it was SO BEAUTIFUL there! I ran alongside the lake, and while it was overcast and grey, it still made for an amazing backdrop.  Ducks were in the water, and we even saw three deer! It's going to make (hopefully) running my butt off on these freezing days more palatable! LOL

I have a zeal for this again that I haven't had in many, many months.  I'm timidly cautious to not overdo it and lose it again.  It's a delicate balance, because I'm desperate to get back to the level of conditioning I was one year ago.  Desperate to not feel this physically uncomfortable...emotionally uncomfortable... Anyway, I'm excited to establish some new goals and re-establish a routine...with some positive support this time! :D

I ran the Kona Chocolate Double on Sunday and it was pretty amazing! I was happy with how I was dressed; not too hot and not too cold.  It was probably the coldest I've ever run in, though! I certainly didn't set any PRs that day (other than coldest run!), but it felt good to lay down that kind of mileage this late in the season...and the chocolate fondue wasn't bad, either! Kona always puts on a well-run (see what I did there?) race with fun swag, good volunteer support, and even some neighborhood supporters along the route.  They facilitate four major runs throughout the year now, I believe, so check any of them out!

This week I also learned that my friend is championing another BikeMS team for next fall!  That's really so cool...even cooler that many of the same participants are planning to join again!  I'd really like to train better this summer so that the ride won't be so painful this time around and I can enjoy the Frankenmuth scenery a little more.  ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.