Saturday, December 13, 2014

Pictures don't lie

I don't even know where to start.

My brain has been kind to me these last several months, as it's turned a blind (figuratively not literally this time) eye to my reflection in the mirror.  My mind's eye sees some flab, a spare tire, and is aware I'm "heavy set," but morphs my reflection into something I apparently accepted.  Thank you mind's eye...kinda.

Last night, while at my monthly Bunco tournament, the group of us took a photo donning our versions of Christmas characters.  Oh.  My.  God.  I can't stop staring at it!  I didn't know it had gotten that bad!

Tiny Tim is not-so-tiny.  


I'm just *shaking my head*.  I can't wrap my head around it.  Good. God.  And all I want to do right now is shove chocolate chip cookies in my face.  

I'd like to say it's my breaking point, my rock bottom.  It kind of feels like it, so I'll hope to use that fear as the drive to be serious about my efforts.  Although, today was a nice day and I didn't run... I did have a full day of being out and about with Vi, though.  And we didn't snack while out like I normally would indulge while shopping.  I guess that's a start.  

2 comments:

Audrey-Jo said...

I think it's the gray comfy pants. And the fact that we always see the worst in ourselves.

Unknown said...

HAHAHA, Audrey-Jo! The gray comfy pants are supposed to be knickers, ala Tiny Tim-style! I think you're like my mind's eye and are too kind. Although, there is some truth in being our own worst critics...I guess it's important to find that healthy balance between my overprotective eye and my under appreciating voice. Thanks for the reminder... ;)