Saturday, June 29, 2013

Small pleasures = big success!

I DID IT!!!

I finished the 5K race in 34:57, a huge accomplishment for me! AND, 12 whole minutes faster than last year! HAHA!  I felt invincible after.  I am trying to harness this feeling and carry it through the next several weeks of training.  It was just such validation to me that my hard work is making a positive impact!

In addition, my 3-year-old daughter (with the support of her daddy, of course), also finished her first 5K in 1:03!  He didn't carry her for any of it! Her face running across the finish line was glowing, happy, and unmatched by any other experience.  She can't wait to race again, she says. :)

As for me...I'm elated.  I'm actually bummed my training program scheduled a rest day tomorrow! But, I remained focused and am enjoying planning my training around weekends away, events, and other things that could get in the way.  Helps me feel I'm "doing" something to prepare! Soon... I'm officially going to register for the Detroit Women's Half Marathon.  I visit their site almost daily, reading the same information, but getting increasingly more excited nonetheless.  

Is it weird that in some way...I still cannot believe I'm going to do this?? HA!

No comments: