Sunday, June 16, 2013

Change of scenery

I scour the internet for validation that I'm not the only one that has some "bad" runs, left feeling uncoordinated, out of sync, and at the mercy of the devil on my shoulder ready to taunt me out of running at all times.  As it turns out, it seems everyone has a few of these days every now and again! Somehow, call it "misery loves company," I find this comforting and as if I'm still on the right track.

The most positive thing I took away from my research (again, I wish research burned more calories as much as I put into it.  ;)), was no matter how bad I feel my run went, it's absolutely, 100% more than I would have done before, and that alone makes it better.  Awesome!

To help shake out of this rut, I'm looking forward to camping in Ludington, MI this week.  Running the beach, the trails...to the ice cream shoppe! HA! I intend to try some "naked" running, that is, running without technology, while there.  Hope to post some of the pics of the breath-taking landscape, too, to reflect on should I find myself in a similar rut in the future. Planning forward! This would be my first vacation ever that I've looked forward to doing anything this active.  AND my family is just as excited with the anticipation of all of it! Couldn't feel better...

In the back of my head, I have that I'm still "training" for that Half in September...I haven't signed up, for fear of the accountability, but...so far my heart is still in it. ;)

No comments: