Friday, March 13, 2015

2015 Bike MS Frankenmuth event

I'm officially registered!


So far it seems Team Amy will remain primarily the same as last year, and maybe even a couple of additions (including my husband!)!

The event this year will be the weekend of September 26-27, 2015. I've already heard Ann plans to do just the first day...this makes me wonder if I should try to do the increased miles again?? It's so early...6 months in advance, 197 days.  I'm just so excited already! If you're considering supporting this awesome cause, here's a link!  ;)


Or consider joining our team and riding with us! :D

I keep putting all these events out there hoping it'll help me focus, train, give me motivation... and none of it's working!  HAHA! Seriously! Why not this time?  While I love researching the crap out of most things, which serves two purposes (avoiding the work and oh yeah, learning), I'm kind of sick of the topic.  The truth is, I'm obsessing about my health and nothing more than that; obsessing.  I've planned workouts, but done nothing to prepare to make them happen.  My diet is better, but that's about it. So, I'm stuck in a holding pattern again, knowing full well what I should be doing, when I should be doing it, and simply not making myself do it.  There's no wondrous secret to figure out.

I've also been obsessing about finding a new job.  I still have mine, but I know in my heart it's time for a change.  I've applied for many, and already had a few denials. Initially I had planned to react with bitter resentment, as is my go-to feeling (sad, I know.  Don't worry, it gets better.).  But when I read the agencies' responses, I was truly ok!  I knew it must not be the fit I'm looking for, and am happy I didn't find out after leaving my current position just to get into another less-than-ideal situation.  I've been praying about it and opening myself up to other types of opportunities, not just in mental health.  I'm excited to see where this goes, but also content waiting for the right fit.  Now THIS is a genuine accomplishment!

Tangent: am I the only mother of a pre-schooler that is not excited to participate in party planning?  This is just not my forte.  I feel bad for not enjoying the process!  I know in too short of a time, she'll be in high school and I would die to be able to plan and attend one of her parties, but this is just zapping for me! I'm totally fine with showing up, being told what to do, clean up, rearrange furniture, whatever! But search for snacks, games, crafts?? *sigh* Thank God I wasn't the assigned "Lead Mom" on this one... *whew!*

No comments: