Saturday, February 28, 2015

*Blink* *Blink*

I'm bummed my posts are becoming bi-monthly! Seriously blink and weeks go by...

A lot has happened in 2 weeks:

You know my niece was born, and I finally got to meet her last Saturday.  What a peanut! I remember her mother being just the same way...so precious! It's easily love at first sight.

My cousin had her baby...baby number 2 of 4 to be born in our family this year!

...or is it?! My OTHER sister just announced she's pregnant, too!  I'm beyond thrilled for her.  This is what she's been wanting for some time now, and she is going to be such an incredible and fun mother.  This is her first, so it's always fun to watch families expand by their first one!  So after my other 2 cousins have their babies later this year, she'll have baby number 5 in October.  Let's see...I have to get knocked up by the end of next month to have baby number 6 in the family this year.... Hmmm... You think that's reason enough to try to get me healthy?  I guess we'll see...

Recent MRI results reveal an increase in white matter (lesions) since the last... So I'm officially on intervention instead of symptom maintenance.  I began my Copaxone injections yesterday.  A nurse came to the home and for an hour went over the process, educated me some more on the disease, and had me do my first injection.  She was very nice and supportive.  Outside of that, let me just say this all sucks.  The medicine is Fed-Ex'd to my home once/month & I store the viles in my refrigerator until it's time to use them.  The injection itself bites just a little, but the slow release of the medicine into my body BURNS.  And 23 hours later I still have a welt and a bruise at the injection site.  I've really had to work to renew my mind about this, and not fall into the misery that is a slippery slope.  It is what it is, and this is supposed to help.  So, you do it...right?  I've had such an outbreak of symptoms lately (uncontrolled tongue effecting speech and swallowing, weakness in my arms, and can't seem to feel the bottom of my left foot/leg, so gait is impaired), that it helps me to think I'm doing something so I can play with Vi much longer than the course seems to be right now...

I've worked out only 5 times since my last entry, too. YIKES! My first Half this year is 90ish days away!!  My diet has been so-so.  But every day I keep trying.  And every day I am aware of what I'm doing and why I'm not doing certain things.  Let's hope "awareness" is the first step of something big then...  ;)  I know it's been either a tough time of year, or just that others are feeling similarly, as one of my fav bloggers admittedly had to take a hiatus to get herself back in check.  I still get my daily quotes and inspiration from DD, which is probably what keeps my awareness consistent.  It IS time to get serious, though.  Like, for real this time.  :P


No comments: