Monday, March 23, 2015

Fundraising at its funnest!

So, check this out:
Super fun, right??  I said it would be a fun way to take a gamble on a fun time.  Heehee...I couldn't resist.  It's a fun activity if you're planning a stay-cation for Memorial Day weekend!  Sadly...I'll be in Traverse City that weekend, as it's the Half Marathon the day before.  Of course, I'm trying to figure out if I can pull off both just because I'm so excited, buuuut...I don't know.  Dan will probably reign me in...

Speaking of the Half Marathon....YIKES! It's less than 9 weeks away!! *GASP* Ohhhhh dear.  I don't want to put it out there my fear and concern, buuuuut....  I don't have my Aunt Vickie to drag me through this one, so I HAVE to be adequately prepared!! I knew I was behind on my original training schedule.  Readjusting it and looking at the suggested training plan on www.walkjogrun.net (I really like this site), I'm STILL behind about a week and a half.  

I did another "long run" today, hoping to get caught up, but being cautious to not induce injury from ramping up mileage too quickly.  I went prepared with my electrolyte-replacing drink, a gel, and a banana for after! I was proud of remembering all of those things.  I dropped Vi off ready to head the two miles over when I realized I left my phone/music at home.  Aaaarrrghhhh! Home is 25 minutes in the opposite direction! I made the decision that it was worth it, because I would never get through 4 miles without it.  It's an understatement it say it was "rough."  I think the 3 mile run Friday was MUCH easier the whole way.  Actually, mile 4 today as the easiest!  I just couldn't find my rhythm and get into the zone.  My thoughts were flooded with the realization that I was having difficulty running 3 miles, and in less than 9 weeks I'd need to be prepared to run 10 more! In January when I committed to doing this race, I had visions of a well-prepared, much more fit version of me killing that race.  I've decided there's no other way to turn that into a positive, motivating statement other than to just ignore it, and get it out of my head.  The reality of my situation now is I have 9 weeks until a big race.  I need to be pragmatic and do what I can do build strength, increase my mileage and put speed on the back burner until future races.  I can only do what I can do, with the time amount of days in front of me. I'd like to say I'm going to make the best out of those 61 days, buuuuut...if you've read this blog regularly enough, you know that faltering is my reality, and I can only count on progress not perfection.

I would thank you in advance for your well-wishes and prayers, though, because that's part of what it's going to take! =D

No comments: