Monday, March 16, 2015

The Power of Suggestion

I had this totally awesome weekend as I got to host my girls from my annual Girls' Camp and their beautiful children for a slumber party! It was so. much. FUN! Just visiting, playing, and of course, lots of eating thanks to DD's gourmet chef-ery (yeah, I made that up.  But it fits, so...).  I had already committed to no point or calorie counting for the weekend, I just wanted to enjoy myself.  I was hoping keeping portions to a good size would work itself out since I had to share with 9 other mouths...and it did.  ;)

So, imagine my surprise after my weekend of gluttony and weeks of intermittent workouts, DD said it appeared I was losing weight.  She may have been lying to be kind (even if you did, thank you ;)), but it worked.  Because someone thought I was being successful, I felt compelled to actually act successful! The rest of the day and (thankfully) even into today, I've felt successful and made choices based on that! I even worked out today!

Walked 15 mins
Ran 20 mins
Walked 10 mins
Ran 10
Walked 5 mins
THEN lifted weights and worked on leg strengthening

I know; WHAAAAT?! AND of course I felt amazing.  I've already set out my clothes to workout after work tomorrow for a good-faith preparation effort.

Full disclosure - once again a fire lit under my ass when I learned one of my friends is deep into her commitment in her Milf on a Mission/Fit by 40 campaign.  For the love of Pete, it was my idea, and I can't get going! =D Hearing/seeing her made a familiar feeling return in my belly, a burning desire to act and DO more.  Later that evening, my sister sent out a family text wondering whether we were all participating in our (now 3rd annual) Tax Trot 5K April 11th.  I figured, it's THREE weeks away.  Certainly I can get myself into 5K shape...right?? So I'm on my way!

Only as a matter of checking in, I'll mention my stiffness was tough to shake off at first, and took longer than was my old "normal."  But, it DID come off, just long enough for me to walk/run.  Immediately after, it settled back in...all the literature and educational presentations I've attended suggest you have to keep moving to keep the fatigue and muscle stiffness at bay.  That really sucks.  In case you were wondering.  >:|

No comments: