Saturday, November 15, 2014

Ask and ye shall receive!

No, really!

Not to get all churchy on you, but I have to admit I stand by this truth and have witnessed it come to pass first hand!

Okay, so in the most surprising places do we find what we are looking for.  Tonight, while at my monthly Bunco game (YES! It's so much fun: dice, friends, drink, and food?! Come on...!), I found my new running partner.  Seriously!  She is much faster than I, but heart is big and patient, and we are coming up with a plan for both of us.  Like, now! We are going to run Monday! Whaaaat?!  It's kind of scary, as I don't want to disappoint, but it is oh so refreshing to have an actual supportive partner to have accountability, and simultaneously share disappointments and successes since we are at the same point in our training journeys!!

Speaking of training... We. Are. Going. To. Run. A. FULL Marathon...NEXT YEAR!!  I'm putting it out there here, where it will be forever on record and one way or another I will have to answer to it.  I KNOW, RIGHT?!?  This is so cool.  And she is seriously so great; her positive attitude and spirit is infectious and just what I need.  I hope to satisfy some of her requirements as well, so it's got me already super committed to this!  My husband is uber supportive and says, "I've been telling you all along you could and should do this; this is not a surprise to me."  (Trust me, that's him being supportive.  ;))

So.  It's on!  As I stuffed my face with food and drink tonight, I'm telling myself, "Enjoy it.  Your gluttonous phase is coming to a staggering end, and food-for-fuel is about to take over!" :D

How did you train for your first marathon?
How long did you allow for yourself to train?
...did you actually do what you had set out to do (my insecurity already setting in...JEESH! >:|)?

No comments: