Thursday, November 6, 2014

Are Virtual Partners...real??

I've really struggled this year being consistent in my workouts, in part, because I don't have the accountability of a workout partner anymore.  I enjoyed the "misery loves company" understanding when showing up after a 12-hour work day, and someone else "gets" my pain.  Quite simply, as it turns out, I still lack the self discipline it takes to get out there and keep doing it.

So, it begs the question: do virtual partners really work??

Is there anyone that has a virtual partner, someone you connect with every day for accountability, inspiration...a good ol' kick in the a$$? Is this enough? As good as having the "real deal"??  Last year, my besties created this website for the four of us to connect, add our training, upcoming races, etc., all for our Color Run endgame.  I really really didn't want to be the slow fat chic (as I would have been, just sayin') and I really got into this forum.  Heck, I even logged in more than they did!  However, at the beginning knowing I would have them to whom I would be accountable, really made me put in the work when I really really didn't want to do it.  ...In that case, it really did work.  ;)

If you've none of these things...how do you do it??  What do you keep in front of you to get up early, come home late, or miss out on something to make sure you get that work out in?

My gym membership officially terminates 12/03/14.  I have a new-to-me treadmill at home now.  Have you decided which forum works best for you? Gym? Home gym?  I'm really super bad (said in my 4-year-old's pleading voice, new fav phrase) hoping my discipline will increase if the damn thing's right down stairs...really SUPER bad...

No comments: