Friday, February 13, 2015

Mantras...and my new niece

Man, time flies... You'd think I'd have a lot to say, and I probably do, but can't remember much of it.  Good thing? I don't know...

Anyway, I'm into mantras lately.  And LOVING inspirational/motivational quotes being sent to me on the daily by my virtual training partner.  We'll just call her DD.  ;)  Isn't it nice knowing there's someone out there that can relate to the struggle?  I don't know if it's "misery loves company," (I jest) but knowing you're not the only one is comforting somehow.  Sadly, because of the foot and a half of snow we got, and record low temps, I haven't been able to catch up with my real-life partner, Ann Mary.  I'm looking forward to some more mild days so I can!

I digress.  So I've been practicing renewing my mind to be more positive and focused (which in an of itself is like a daily workout.  As it turns out, I can be one bitter, negative gal!).  Mantras and quotes have been helping IMMENSELY.  Here are some of my favs and go-tos:

  • You're not going to find time to exercise.  You need to MAKE time to exercise. -DD's co-worker (genius) 
  • Great things never come from comfort zones. 
  • I am more than a conqueror.  I love thinking that God made my body to do this.  The Kenyans are my example, LOL! It CAN be done!
  • Just. Keep. Moving.
There are others that I think about a lot, but cannot recall at this moment.  I write this stuff all over my house; mirrors, sticky notes, refrigerator note board... It's cheesy, but it helps.  Try it.  NOT doing it isn't getting you anywhere, soooooo.....  

I also still think a lot about being a better model for Vi.  I know I've mentioned this before, but I have to bring it to the present again.  If not for me, for her.  Maybe that's another mantra...  I don't want to jinx myself, but for the recent 2 weeks I have not only consistently tracked the good, the bad, and the ugly, but I've also managed to work out the majority of days in the week.  It's felt really good.  I feel proud of myself for having done it, and proud that I powered through my own negative thinking and self-talk after work; "It's late, you really need your rest." "What's one more day?" "I don't feel good..."  I did it anyway.  Clearly I survived AND I'm better for it.  You think I remember that the next day?  Of course not...

So, I love these things and they're working for me lately so I'm going to stay with it until it doesn't work for me!
Seriously.  MY body. WOW!
YES! For ME!

I'm making a gentlemen's handshake.  It's go time!
So what works for you? Care to share??

And last but certainly not least, my precious little niece, was born yesterday, February 12.  I just want to squeeze her!!  Well done, AJ...

Just another reason to renew my thinking and truly live the healthier, more fit lifestyle I'm working toward.  She needs her auntie to be around AND be strong for her! :)


No comments: