Thursday, April 17, 2014

Honeymoon Period

So, I felt darn near euphoric last weekend.  For the first time since last fall, I ran 6 miles (straight!) on Friday, then ran my first 5K of the season on Saturday.  Two days running in a row...YAAAAY! Sunday evening, the most vile form of stomach flu set in for about 4 days...GRRRRR...

This morning I attempted to get back into my (loosely established) routine and got back to the gym for a gentle reintroduction.  I did 20 mins on the 'mill at a 2.0 incline, then lifted weights.  I know, I know...seems kind of weak, but I had to start somewhere.  To be frank, I wasn't exactly confident everything was going to stay down and in yet! (ew)

I was excited to get back to it, though...so much so that I find myself in this honeymoon period flirting with this idea of wanting to really do more with my training/running.  Like...(dare I even say it??)...consider trying to plan...for a full marathon.  *GASP*  I mean, my running has sparked so much confidence in me these recent two years, yet simultaneously I feel such a lack of confidence.  I truly desire guidance that I can trust is going to lay the map out of me, and help me get through the training process...

Then, by the biggest coincidence ever, Dorothy Beal of Mile Posts posted this on her blog yesterday:  

26Strong: Searching For A Female Wannabe Marathoner!!! 

WHAAAAAT?!? Needless to say, I responded, and am hopeful and prematurely planning my and Dorothy's training together.  :P  Applicants find out Saturday.  It goes without saying the incredible opportunity this presents, on so many levels; safe training plan, support, confidence-builder! AND actually finish a full marathon!!

She also posted something today that was a great reminder that, despite any intervention, we all are capable of running a marathon...I don't have to be genetically predisposed with natural athletic ability.  If I put the effort in, the result will yield.   Hm.  This just adds to my ammunition to "flirt" with this idea...harmless flirting...

No comments: