Monday, December 7, 2015

Thankful at Thanksgiving

I've avoiding this damn blog because I was afraid of what I might write...  Processing things is a funny process...

To catch up, I'll just mention some things I found myself thinking about a week ago and for which I need to express my gratitude.  I swear, I'm thankful all year round, but this is a good time to call some special attention to some special things.

  • I had to attend my final hearing related to (finally) the arrest of the person stalking me.  In some ways, I feel sorry for him; only because he was offered so many resources and help, but made conscious decisions not to make the most of them.  The result is a sentencing to 38 months in prison.  It's quite scary and am grateful I don't have to worry about every door slam outside of my home, or when it's too quiet, or the doorbell rings, or walking how of my home to see something traumatic that can't be undone...  I'm thankful to the judge who saw the situation for the severity it is, and has given my family some peace for a while.
  • While I've experienced several relapses and experience outbreak symptoms, my MRI is stable on my current medication regime.  I'm thankful for my health and the ability to do as much as I still can.
  • My dad and his family came to visit for the weekend, as well as my husband's mom, both from out of state.  We had a houseful, and it was fun! My daughter loved having family around, and I loved watching her enjoy their presence and share so many of her things with them like her stories, toys, and movies...maybe more than they would've care for at times, HA!  I'm thankful for my extensive family and the close relationships we have, and that my daughter is making the most of them as well.  She likes to remind me, "I'm bored when it's just the three of us!"
  • I had the opportunity to teach at my church the weekend of Thanksgiving, and since my dad was in town, he came, too.  The subject was "Having Your Needs Met When You Need Them Met."  As always, it was a very timely topic for me to have to study and prepare to share with others.  The ways of this world make it so easy for me to be distracted and overwhelmed.  I've been full of angst and worry over the previous legal situation, my job, and the licensing for my education.  Oh how I forget that worrying about it, doesn't change the result, or make it come any faster.  It was comforting to be reminded that I need not be anxious for anything, but with prayer and supplication and thanksgiving, my needs will be met.  Whatever your belief system is, it's always nice to be grounded it in again.  I'm thankful I have a relationship with my God, that I can count on Him and have peace that my needs will be met.
  • This year has been a pretty major transition in the friend department: I lost a lot of them.  Not to death, but more than likely my mouth.  I went through an ugly time period with health and life, and my attitude and disposition were difficult to be around.  I'm certain they'd have a less understanding description, but I think you get the picture.  It took a lot of growth, that I'm still endeavoring to do, and I've moving beyond it.  Unfortunately, my relationship with many suffered and ultimately were part of the carnage of my destructive path.  I feel heartbroken and sad over the loss, of course.  I've only recently gotten to the point where I understand I have to accept it and let go...AND embrace the meaningful friendships I am blessed to still have.  I am thankful for my friendships and value each and every one of them.
  • I have met so many cool people over these last three years through running.  Following their blogs has provided information, inspiration, support, relatability, and ... a notion that I can achieve more! I am thankful I have been introduced to resources that will help keep me on track and propel me into further growth! 

No comments: