Monday, December 21, 2015

It's the presents...and the presence.

It's cheeky, but you know it's true.

Presents:  OMG.  Shopping, budgeting, shopping, lists, cutbacks, tears, wrapping, running out of paper, running out of tape, 50 million one-last-gifts because you forgot someone...  It causes me to drink.  And eat.  MORE.  Just kidding, it just gave me better reasons to do so. *evil grin*  Seriously.  While I sincerely love every bit of friends and family gatherings, I'm the one that allows it to make me feel stressed.  Truthfully, I am fully aware if I were more organized it would lead to being more efficiently budgeted, and afford me the availability to do more of what I like during the holidays.  I mean, even participating in cookie exchanges, I have to find the time to figure out what I can bake, since I'm challenged in the kitchen, purchasing the ingredients, then baking 4-7 dozen of whatever! OH! and don't forget all the Kindergarten crafts, donations, parties, etc...  Again, I LOVE every bit of it.  I just don't manage the ancillary things in my life well enough to fully enjoy the other parts.  I'd love to do more, for everyone.

Presence:  I'm either partaking a little too much in the present, or not enough.  Too much in that every little thing is a celebration, gathering, excuse to eat and drink gluttonously.  I mean, I'm completely embracing being present in the moment and making the most of it! Pie? SURE! Cocktails? PLEASE! Second helpings? INDEED! Workout? Oh...um, I'd love to but I have a party to go to...  *snicker*  When I'm not enough in the present, it's for the above paragraph.  See my conundrum?

I have this constant nagging, justification...fear this ride will end 1/1/16: "Oh, I'll be more consistent with eating, working out, healthier lifestyle then...all the parties are over."  Not.  Good.  For whatever it's worth, I HAVE been making decent food choices when I'm not shoveling my face full of Christmas cookies, pies, decadence, and liquor.

No comments: