Friday, October 10, 2014

BikeMS Frankenmuth

What. A.WEEKEND!

Camping, friends, carriage rides...and of course biking!

My friend organized a team of 6 riders to form "Team Amy" and fundraise for the National MS Society.  We chose the 60-mile weekend, which meant riding 30 miles on Saturday and 30 miles on Sunday through a beautiful route plotted through and around Frankenmuth.

It was so beautiful! It's taken me awhile to get this entry together, hoping I'd find the words to adequately express what I was feeling.  All I came up with was adjectives to reflect my physical sensations, and all mostly about my butt, quite frankly:

Ow
Sore
Pain
Ow

I also had the expected endorphin rush of completing such a task, and even after 30 miles, somehow I wasn't as physically spend as running just 13.1.  Hmmm....

I still don't have the words for the emotions I experienced.  Look at all these people who have spent their time, energy, and effort to help those they love.  And my friend Ann lead the way...unbelievable.  No one else in my life really acknowledges it, and hear she is organizing a team, fundraising and riding 30 miles while 6-months pregnant.  It was overwhelming! To say I was experiencing gratitude, love, support...is a huge understatement...unfortunately brain fog prevents me from finding it.  ;P

On Sunday, I rode alone.  I decided if I was still feeling physically up to riding that day, I was going to tackle the 50-mile route that day...you never know: I might not be able to next year! =D  I figured, I can at least do the 30 miles, as that's what I committed to, and if I'm not feeling it, the SAG vehicle will bring me in.  Guess what:  I did it!!  And I felt amazing!! I mean, I had to literally had to be peeled off my bike at the end, but I did it!  Vivian was there to meet me and almost got ran over as she tackled me, welcoming to the Finish Line, and Dan gave me my medal.  *shaking my head*  I cannot tell you how this moment felt.  Everyone who participated in this will forever hold a special place in my heart.  That's all I can say... Thank you. xo

Team Amy
Ann and the beautiful scenery

Vi bringing me in to the Finish Line

Carriage ride...since after riding 30 miles I needed it! LOL!





No comments: