Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Best 5 out of 6

I think I finally hit my wall.  I MUST have.  BECAUSE for the last 5 out of 6 days, I have run.

"And I was running!"  Anyone?

Friday I hit the 'mill while my daughter was in preschool.  Saturday I got up and did fartleks (I KNOW,  RIGHT?!) with my dog (she loved them.  I guess a Husky would).  Sunday I took a day off (even God rested on Sunday).  Monday hit the 'mill again while my daughter was in preschool.  Tuesday...now get this: after my 12-1/2 hour work day, I went the to the gym and ran on the 'mill! The real shocker is that Wednesday I did the SAME!!  AND did I mention strict tracking the whole week?? WHEW!

I'm elated.  Even better, I don't feel that it was too much of a lifestyle shift to make this happen.  I mean, I did this all last year.  Something just clicked in me that I had to get going and keep going.

One of my BFF's little 9-year-old girl is my "friend" on our Fitbit page.  Would you believe she kicks my butt in daily steps...well, daily?!  She created a "challenge" with a bunch of her friends so we all joined and could see where each other fell instantly.  It was FUN!  I was in third until some stinker snuck in in the last 4 minutes and pushed me into fourth.  But that little challenge pushed me to go to the gym even more!  So today, I created one with my sister.  She's pregnant and beat me during my work day...so you guessed it: had to hit the 'mill and conquer! LOL!

I have my goals...not clearly defined just yet, but I know they're there now and that I want something out of them.  There will be more on that sooner than later.

Tomorrow I go for my referral for the opthamalogist to see about that poor vision issue in my left eye.    Good thing you don't need your eye for running...!

No comments: