Friday, May 16, 2014

Cross-training Constitutional & Weekend Workout



You know I've been struggling this Spring with keeping my motivation up and finding ways to keep working toward my fitness goals.  The brutal Winter and monsoon Spring were a big impact.

I was looking for guidance.  Direction.  Accountability.  I always say I wish "research" burned as many calories for as much time I put into it! LOL!  During my research, I came across a runner/coach at Total Health Systems, Laurie Nuyens.    Her explanation of a 30-minute fitness class called FitRanX inspired me to give it a try.  (Did I mention I truly HATE classes and HIIT-related events because I'm so insecure?!)  I've gone twice this week, and when I leave, I'm dizzy and feel like puking...but in a good way! I LOVE IT!  I've done things I didn't know I could do:  box jumps, TRX Suspension, kettle bells! I'm sore but it helps me feel I'm already getting stronger.

So I'm happy to finally report finding my connection with a Cross-Training program that is working for me, and will support my running getting stronger.  They have three locations in Macomb County, and I recommend checking them out!

I'm running a race this weekend in Ann Arbor with a friend:  Paul DeWolf Memorial Run.  "In the early morning of July 24, 2013, Paul DeWolf, a 25-year-old fourth year medical student at the University of Michigan Medical School, was killed in the midst of a home invasion."  Six-degrees of separation makes this race a little close to me:  I work with the mother of Paul's fiancé.  So, I'm running in his memoriam and in support of the organization's effort "to good and be a hero."

Race for Heros

Sunday is supposed to be the nicest day of the weekend; come on out and join us!


No comments: