Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A mini-goal, accomplished!

So, this nasty cold/sinus/whatever is hanging on with the force of my former self holding a peanut butter cookie! Bad cough, sore throat, and some weird sinus stuff.  So, guess how many times I worked out over the holiday weekend? Riiiight...not able to follow my own modified version of my training program.

Here's what I did do tho:

Friday, July 5, 2013
     Activity: Run
     Distance: 2.40 miles
     Time: 30:03
     Avg. Pace: 12:30/mile

Saturday, July 6, 2013
     Activity: Trail Hiking
     Distance: 3.47 miles
     Time: 1:03
     Avg. Pace: 22:30/mile
           (not bad with my 3-year-old in tow!)

Not at all what I had planned, but I'm happy I got some activity in, especially with this illness & heat! Whew!

I was so worried about getting behind on my training program, that I committed myself to doing last Saturday's scheduled 4-mile long run, today.  I've never run over 3.1... I DID IT!!

4.0 miles in 47:44! Average pace 11:56!

My longest ever with one of my faster paces; I'll take it!  Once again I feel invincible.  Again, I'll try to carry this feeling through this week of training because as excited as I am today, I know I have another mini-goal this Saturday of 5 MILES...WHEW!

Hope everyone had a safe, happy, and got some miles in this holiday weekend!


No comments: