Sunday, September 13, 2015

Labor Day Weekend Love

I realize I've been purposefully avoiding my writing.  In the past, I've gotten too busy, depressed, or otherwise didn't have access.  This time, just avoiding it.  It probably boils down to the same ol' issue of being a little embarrassed I haven't been accomplishing all I had set out to do this summer.  I've had snippets of very fun times though, for sure.  I keep reminding myself to acknowledge them and give them the credit they deserve.  The proverbial dark cloud has unfortunately been flare-ups hindering my mobility, balance, and creating a foggy mindset.  Despite those, I got to experience these:

Annual Girls' Camp.  We went to Manistee and camped, surviving near-tornado conditions! I grew up going there every summer to my dad and then step-mother's summer house, so the trip was ripe with nostalgia.  We spent one full day at the beach and it was WONDERFUL.  We went to a winery.  We laughed.  We drank.  We had a GREAT TIME.
Lovely Lake Michigan
Batten down the hatches!
Live music in the vineyard
Bike Walk Drink pub crawl in St. Clair Shores.  It was so fun! Beautiful weather, fun friends, biking, and of course...responsible consumption of libations.

Another visit to Wine Country when Vi and I went up north to visit with the family right before school started.  It's hard not to have fun there! 

I actually found this out on a run!  What a sweet reward!

I certainly had a lot of other things mingled in.  But last, but not least, was a fantastic Labor Day Weekend where we continued out family tradition of walking the Mighty Mac.  Vi actually made the majority of it on her own this time, and my niece joined us for her first time and loved every step of it!
View from our campsite

 














I am so, so absolutely incredibly blessed with whom I am surrounded at this point in my life.  I have the definition of an unconditional loving, supportive husband, sweetest and funniest daughter, family, and lifelong friends who show me all the time how much I mean to them and the importance of our friendship.  It all helps me power through the other nonsense.  I urge anyone and everyone to consider these things that really matter most when the other crap threatens to get in the way.  Always easier said than done, but always the right thing to do.

This is making me so excited for what's to come this fall! ...and maybe even to write about it.  :)


No comments: